Company Description: Axis Satellite and Home Theater is a Florida-licensed, low-voltage contractor and audio/video integration expert, specializing in DirecTV and Dish Network programming. Our company has the experience and training to complete everything from pre-construction layouts and site surveys, to installing TVs, speakers and automated home systems. We provide ongoing service for our customers in all four verticals, including: Residential, Commercial, L&I, and MDU.
Axis Satellite and Home Theater has been in business since 2003, based out of our home office in Fort Myers, Florida. We are actively growing and looking to bring on new talent as we expand our footprint.
Title : Satellite Installation Technician
Purpose : We are looking for experienced DIRECTV, Dish Network, and Commercial Audio and Visual System Installers to provide excellent service to our customers by supporting installation and trouble-shooting issues in the Southwest Florida area. This requires knowledge of video distribution, analog rack head-ends, 70V commercial audio solutions, and hanging of TVs and TV mounts. We are specifically looking for applicants who already have training and experience.
- Engage in positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers
- Install, upgrade and repair residential/commercial satellite and A/V products
- Service and trouble-shoot residential/commercial satellite and A/V products
- Complete work orders properly and efficiently, including, but not limited to: Pulling cable, installing connectors, TV/projector mounting/hanging (ceiling/wall mounts) and ladder work
- Perform installation of 70v and distributed sound systems, and ceiling and wall mounted speaker systems
- Assist with mechanical fabrication and basic rack wiring
- Deliver and install consumer and commercial electronics; ensure all installation and service work is completed according to quality standards and safety policies
- Maintain a clean work environment, including customer’s home or business and Axis Satellite’s property, such as vehicles and warehouse space
- Maintain up-to-date van inventory and appropriate work order documentation
- Offer consultation on in-home products and solutions to assist customers, such as home theater and consumer electronics, surge protectors and other similar items
- Complete work in a variety of climates and settings, including, but not limited to heat, rain, wind, attics, crawl spaces and under homes
- Complete all training requirements for this position (SBCA Satellite Fundamentals, D2 Advantage, DRE, COM2000, URC Programming, and Smart Box), as well as any new trainings that may arise in the future
- Mentor less experienced technicians, where applicable
Minimum Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in the satellite or cable industry
- Minimum one year experience with 70 volt systems
- Applicants must possess a valid FL driver license* with a clean driving history (no more than 2 driving violations)
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend English-only electronic schematics, tech manuals, architectural blueprints and office work orders
- Strong verbal and written skills, able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think and work independently, meeting company deadlines
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Ability to travel and work at various job sites throughout the U.S.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to regularly climb and work from ladders and lift equipment up to 35ft high
- Maintain a body weight limit of 275 lbs. (ladder safety)
- Ability to lift equipment and materials up to 100 pounds
*If you do not have a FL driver license but have a valid license from another state, you may apply but will be required to obtain a FL license prior to starting employment.
- SBCA Certification
- Knowledge of Residential, Commercial, L&I and MDU facilities
- Potential to earn $30-50k/year
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation)
- Paid Training
- Axis Satellite fleet vehicle to be used during business hours
- Performance bonuses and advancement opportunities